Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Richard's Blog 02.06.08 – Roll up for the mystery tour.

On Wednesday last week our normal attraction on the Galway tour – The Corrib Cruise was not available and so since we had some existing bookings we offered those passengers the option of taken a tour to Galway which followed one of our old itineraries which incorporated a tour across peat bogs on the edge of Connemara and a visit to Standuns shop in Spiddal.

To our surprise we got a few extra bookings and they all seemed to like the idea of a one off kind of tour. I ran the tour and whilst the weather was not the best I think a great time was had by all (myself included – change of scene!) and I got to thinking would people trust us to show them something great on one of our tours which would not be in a strict itinerary? I know of some fantastic places on the Burren which never see a coach tour but they are not “big names” –so will they sell tours? I would love to hear what you think – I love the idea of a mystery tour like coach tour companies used to offer in days gone by. Some attractions close at the end of September so our normal tour programe will change – it might be a thought to throw in a few more adventurous tours for October – please as ever let me have your thoughts.

To be honest I do not get too much feedback yet from my blogs and so I would love to hear your thoughts – I might even publish some, or how about a Barratt Tours forum or chat room? I really like the idea of turning our website into something that is more of a community – so drop me an e.mail if you agree.

Also to explain my state of mind for the week I’am going to start telling you my favourite music for the week which will normally be my most listened to album on my ipod and also what book I’am slowly reading! So here goes –

Music – Muse – Black holes and Revelations – I never really get up to date with the music scene and I know this has been out ages but I love the massive sound and production, it is one of the few truly epic new (ish!!) albums that I have heard, got to say after careful consideration Knights of Cydonia is my favourite track.

Book – Ruinair – Paul Kilduff – A brilliant tale of one mans revenge on our favourite budget airline! Absolutely hilarious read that any of you that have enjoyed Ryanair “hospitality" will identify with!

No comments: