Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Richards Blog –  08.11.08 –  A week away - bliss!

Writing this at our new coffee break – The Burren House as Caherconnoll has closed for the winter and it is a wild day but I must admit to being in good spirits as we had our first real break for 27 weeks last week. We have been over to Birminghamto attend a coach trade show at the NEC we really enjoyed our few days and saw some interesting things which will be used in our new vehicle (which should be painted now). As usual we looked at all the new and exotic coaches and I was just musing over how my attitude has changed since we first visited the show in 1997, then I looked at the coaches and thought “one day we will have one of those” but now I ‘am older and wiser I look at them and think “very nice but how do you pay for it and what happens when that swanky computer screen flashes up a fault right in the middle of the Burren on a stormy day in Novemeber!”

If you think this shows a lack of ambition you are dead right – I’am quite happy with what we have and our current vehicles are plenty complicated enough thank you! I must admit to currently worrying how good my new purchase will be since its predecessor has been so great! But such is progress…….

After attending to business we went to Chesterfield to visit my sister, Linda, we had a great time there and celebrated Guy Fawks night (5th November) by going to a firework display with bombfire and the most terrifying white knuckle fairground ride (a very lame ghost train!) but a great laugh was had before flying back from Birmingham to Shannon (Ryanair again and no problems at all!!).

Instead of books and music I'am starting a new feature and putting some pics into my blog each week:



Us and Russ (my sisters' partner)

Chris (with ears!!) with Linda and Russ

No comments: