Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Richard's Blog –  28.06.08 – Do you really think I look slim?

I hinted last week that I’am on a diet so I might as well make it official, back in February after our hols I looked in the mirror and decided I was turning into a real coach tour driver (developing a large belly!) and also with the trauma of turning 21 again I decided it was time to do something, Chris also wanted to join me (although her problem isn’t quite as severe as mine!) So we now becoming leaner as well as greener !

This job really is the worst for dieting as we are either driving or eating all the time! We also get no exercise so it really is not good, so here is a breakdown of how a typical Cliffs tour used to go followed by the improved version!

Breakfast – Tea and Cereal (ok really)

Mid morning at Caherconnoll – Tea and a beautiful scone with 2 butters and jam

Lunch in Doolin – Irish Stew or Fish and Chips.

Afternoon at Cliffs – Tea and snack followed by a snooze on the back seat!

Dinner – whatever is going but often a takeaway or a ready meal with a beer or glass of wine (large)
So here is the improved version :

Breakfast – Tea and oatabix with some fresh fruit

Mid morning at Caherconnoll – Tea and a neutrigrain bar (not too bad really!)

Lunch in Doolin – Open ham or chicken brown bread sandwich (or if I’am weak kids portion of Bacon and Cabbage!)

Afternoon at Cliffs – Piece of fruit with water follwed by a good half hours walk around the Cliffs (weather permitting!)

Dinner – We are trying to eat less processed food and so it might be a curry or stir fry type of thing with a very small glass of wine (we get 6 glasses out of a bottle!).
The change really has made a difference and I’am delighted to have lost a sone and a half already and I honestly do feel drastically better, I really enjoy the walking and it gives me a great chance to listen to more music on my ipod.

Talking on ipods I’am the proud owner of a first generation nano which I absolutely love, I have looked at the new ones with video etc and I can honestly say I have no desire to change I love the great design and simplicity of the old one and hell, even I can work it!

Music – The Fratellis – Here it Stands – My downloading activity has been curtailed by our pc choosing to have a heart attack this week but I’am still absolutely mad on that Muse album, I cannot get Invincible out of my head – didn’t get to a gig Thursday night but could well do this week.

Book – No change but really enjoying The Masterchefs – highly recommended (if you are not easily offended!)

No comments: