Sunday, July 20, 2008

Richards Blog –  13.07.08 – If I cannot call in sick, I will call in dead!

This weeks blog has been prompted by Chris who is suffering from cold at the moment, I don’t seem to have caught it yet, however if I do it will certainly be worse and develop into “man flu!” She had to work yesterday as we needed a second coach for overloads – business is still ok at weekends! She bravely battled through and nearly lost her voice but she is a bit better this morning – just as well as she is going to Cork (I let her have an easier day).

Fortunately over the last few years we have both had good health with all of our ailments coming in the winter when we can usually suffer in peace but it can really be an effort trying to put a brave face on the day when you feel terrible, however I have noticed that Chris seems to get the sympathy vote from people whereas I just have to get on with it! This really isn’t fair because as everyone knows we suffer far more than women!

If we really could not work we do have friends who could probably help us out but thankfully we haven’t had to try yet! So all in all being sick is not really option however death might be an excuse in exceptional circumstances!

I’am hoping to have our new package tours online this week and we have some cracking tours planned with Murder Mystery in Antrim, The Magic of Wales, Dublin Christmas shopping and Birmingham bike show to tempt you, pleas have a look and we would love to see you on one!

Music – Coldplay – Viva la Diva – Totally predictable I know but as much as something tells me I shouldn’t like them I cannot get away from the shear brilliance and remarkable Musicality of Coldplay – is it me or does “Violet Hill” sound like Gilmour Pink Floyd? I must say Viva la Vida is another work of brilliance. The new Fratellis is a definite grower and the pick for me now is “A heady tale” – another real tub – thumper!

Book – The Masterchefs – drawing to a close now and I sill don’t know how it will end – absolutely superb! It has given me a real thirst for more Welsh and just bought “Filth” – a tale of sleaze and corruption in the police – just my kind of read!

No comments: