Saturday, August 2, 2008

Richards Blog –  19.07.08 –  Up the Banner ! (Me Ar*# !)

Sunday was what could only be said to be a fraught day at Barratt Tours! As usual we were both out on tour me to The Cliffs and Chris to Blarney. Also on Sunday was theMunster hurling final between Clare and Tipperary in Limerick which Tipperary won by the way.

The match turned out about 5.45 so I held back as long as I could and hit Limerick about 6.30, to cut a long story short the next hour was spent in gridlocked traffic and I arrived in Limerick station at 7.40, I never even attempted any further stops as I really just wanted to get out of town by that stage! Chris fared even worse as she was delayed at Buttavent Horse fair for 45 min before she even hitLimerick! She then had to drop passengers off at The Raddisson Hotel right in the thick of the traffic! She finally arrived about 7.30 at which point her nerves were jangled enough for her to give in and sit back and enjoy a coffee before even thinking of heading back!

She left the Raddisson at 8.00 and arrived back in our yard believe it or not at 9.30 – Limerick was still at a standstill 3 hours after the match finished! We both agreed if the next Munster final was in 100 years it would be too soon!

Whilst I would never want to spoil everyone’s enjoyment of the match I do feel that something urgently needs to be done re a traffic plan or park and ride or something as I do not think it is acceptable that Irelands third city should be gridlocked for over 3 hours even on a Sunday making it impossible for the precious few tourists we have to get around let alone people trying to run a business like us!

Music – Retro again this week, still on Tom Robinson and downloaded some tracks from ‘Power in the Darkness” surely a masterwork with “Up against the wall” being my favourite. I had to pay for these as I guess EMI still hold the rights to them but still well worth checking out.

Book – The Masterchefs –Finished now and the ending did not in any way disappoint! Just started “Filth” and it is even more disgusting and slightly depraved – a great read for me in other words, I’am afraid I find myself drawn to stuff like this – I really like gritty reality in a book, as you may have surmised I’am not a big Mills and Boon reader!

No comments: