Friday, August 15, 2008

Richards Blog – 24.07.08 – Fully booked !!

We had a first on Sunday, we think it was the first time in ten years that we had every seat taken – Chris with 24 for the Cliffs and me 37 to Blarney. I originally had 33 bookings but we got 4 people extra at Limerick Tourist Office and we still had a few to pick up at the Bus Station and must admit to breathing a huge sigh of relief when everyone had a seat – no matter how much we check and double check you can still forget a booking somewhere! Everything went to plan with my tour although Chris was slightly delayed at The Cliffs waiting for some of her guests, however in general our stress levels were OK and we made it through the day fairly easily.
Its fair to say at the moment that our stress levels go up with tiredness, as I hope you realise we do love our jobs but at this time we do tend to get a little burned out although we hope our customers never notice. Our biggest problem is a lack of any “me time”, I have a couple of hobbies that I would love to pursue but by the time the bus cleaning is finished at 9.00 every evening all I can think of is sleep! We have always said if we could take even 3 days off mid season it would just re charge the batteries and get us through but unfortunately that is a dream!

So at the moment we are kept going by dreams of Thailand – our favourite holiday destination and we are just about booked up to go for Christmas this year which should be great fun! I cannot wait to eat my xmas dinner in the sun.
I suppose at this point I should mention my hobbies well first of all is my car a 1966 MGBGT which I have owned for 15 years and is well overdue some restoration, my other hobby is model railways- I’am currently building an n gauge model of a subject I grew up with – coal mining and the model will be loosely based on Westoe Colliery in South Shields in England set in the late 70s – I may post a pic or 2 of progress soon!

Music – I seem to be drifting towards chill out music as tiredness gets hold and my current favourite is a little known track called “Easter Song” by A man called Adam – it takes me right back to Koh Larn in Thailand! – check it out and join me!

Book – Filth by Irvine Welsh is going great and is now featuring some dialogue from a tape worm – great lunch time reading !!!

No comments: