Saturday, August 23, 2008

Richards Blog –  04.08.08 – Good morning – let the madness begin !

I must confess that today is my most hated day to work in the year – August Bank Holiday Monday! I write this during my break at Caherconnoll and things have already started in a small way I have met a coach in a rather awkward spot but managed to get through unscathed and I got stuck at a hotel picking up some passengers by some rather stupid car parking but I managed to maneuver out. I’am now eagerly looking forward to the trip around Black Head and running the gamut of cyclists, hikers, motor homes and hire cars that makes this job so interesting! In the best spirit of blogging I shall write another update at our lunch break to tell you how the busiest day of the year is shaping up.

Well so far so good at Doolin having my diet lunch and the nerves are still intact! Anyone that has been on our tour might remember the section from Ballynalacken Castle to Doolin is very narrow with poor visability so today I was debating whether to go that way and finally took a 5 min diversion via a wider road. I was so pleased I did as I saw a scene below of one of my colleagues from a large tour company firmly stuck against some cars at a very narrow point so a good result missing that! The trip around Back head was very busy with the usual inconsiderate and reckless car driving to contend with but no real delays so off to The Cliffs next !

Now at The Cliffs and other than a slight delay at the car park entrance we are nearly on time so giving people our normal hour and a half break, met a Bus Eireann driver in Doolin who told me it had taken hime over 30 min to get through Lahinch so returning via a different route to miss the traffic – hopefully!

Well I have arrived home about 7.35 with no damage and a few tips so hopefully our clients have appreciated my efforts to show them as much as possible without getting stuck in traffic for hours, I’am delighted the bank holiday is over and after coach cleaning settle in the chair with a large malt and look forward to doing it all again tomorrow!

Music – I was looking for a bit of walking music the other day for my daily walk up the Cliffs and I have decided Blue Monday by New order is near to the ultimate! – even Chris is into it now !

Book – Filth by Irvine Welsh is going great and my final verdict is coming soon!

No comments: