Monday, September 1, 2008

Richards Blog – 14.08.08 – Singing in the rain – The joys of fluid dynamics!

As I write this I have to confess to being totally burned out! I,am in Doolin enjoying lunch but it has been a stressful week, we have had a water leak which defies logic on Celtic Explorer and every night this week has been spent on the roof trying to concoct another remedy. The leak started in a mild way last Sunday but developed into a gusher yesterday on our Galway tour, fortunately none of passengers got wet as we were able to move them to dry seats again, apologies to all concerned we hope it didn’t detract from a lively tour! I think I found the cure last night but guess what? It is totally dry at the moment so I cannot prove it! I have never found a way to replicate Irish rain of the type we have had this week but fingers crossed. Most operators would not tell you things like this but believe me every coach leaks and I know of one very flash model from a major manufacturer that is famous for it! As it happens this coach is also Spanish or Portuguese like ours so maybe the rain in Spain never falls on the coach! I have to say that as usual Chris has been a tower of strength and a source of some good ideas (and some not so good!x) on these late nights in the garage so thanks to her!

Music – Went to another great gig on Thursday night at Smyths bar – a local band called Revenge, they played some really clever mixes and one in particular that stood out was Seven nation army by The White Stripes which had clever use of the rhythm to incorporate a bit of Sweet dreams by The Eurythmics amongst others! The lead singer could really work (and wind up!) the crowd – a great night!

Book – Enjoying don’t tell my mother ….. and just bought another Welsh – guess which one? – tell you next week!

No comments: