Sunday, September 7, 2008

Richards Blog –  21.08.08 – Its my turn to get sick !

After writing a while ago about not being able to get sick when Chris was under the weather this week it was my turn! I have had a bit of a Kidney infection which attacked with a vengeance yesterday and I can honestly say I had a hell of a day but made it through and with an early night and a good hot curry I seem to have largely sweated it out and feel much better today. Fortunately my group were very understanding and I guess I really didn’t look well as Chris had some of my passengers today and they were asking about me!

As you know I really enjoy my job but I must say vehicle breakdowns and illness are the two things that make me wish I worked for someone else! We really are very lucky on both counts as we have never canceled a tour for either reason and I can only think of 3 breakdowns in 10 years not bad going really and in every case we were delayed by no more than 30 min but they largely happened at an opportune place and time!

Music – Still searching for an intro into the world of ambient jazz and the more I look the more confused I get – would love to hear your suggestions! Might get to another local gig tonight as I think it might be time to test my Kidneys recovery powers with a few pints (day off tomorrow!)

Book – Really enjoyed the oil rig book and have just started “This is not a drill” by Paul Carter. If it is as good as the last one it will be a great read.

No comments: