Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Richards Blog 17.04.10 – Ash Thursday!

We are rapidly approaching the start of our full season and things are somewhat hectic with bus repairs and having workers in the house at odd times! The weather has been absolutely gorgeous and on Tuesday we took the decision to have a couple of days away on bike and had a wonderfull time, we toured West Cork and took in such great places as Mizen Head, Clonakilty, The Beara Peninsular and Killarney, I will tell the full story and route soon but I have something pressing on my mind this week!

Next week we are escaping the renovations and heading over to England on business and to see the families before the season starts however events have rather changed our plans! We were going to fly Dublin to Newcastle by Ryanair on Monday but unfortunately due to the cloud of volcanic ash that is drifting around Europe our flight is cancelled, when we heard the news I got straight onto Stena Line ferries and booked possibly the last 2 seats out of Dublin to Holyhead for tomorrow night, we are then staying a night in Holyhead before taking a train to Newcastle (with 3 changes) so it might be an epic journey – as usual, I will let you know! Hopefully normal service will return for our return journey before next weekend.

Our change of plans has forced us into canceling our tour for tomorrow but fortunately we only had one booking anyway, sorry if any of you were disappointed but unfortunately we were forced into this by unusual circumstances to say the least we have had a few cancellations from people who couldn’t fly in and needless to say we have refunded them in full, we feel their pain!

I will continue with my motorcycle diaries next week, hope you are enjoying these, if you are let me know and if not also let me know and I will shorten them a little, as usual it is lovely to hear from you even if you tell me that I’am boring you to tears, don’t forget to check out our facebook and twitter for the latest news and gossip!


At Mizen head on my lovely Kawasaki W650

No comments: