Monday, April 27, 2009

Richards Blog 05.04.09 – A week of bliss!

Well, you will be pleased to hear I’am keeping it brief this week! This has to be the nicest spot that I have ever written my blog in I’am sitting next to the pool in Lanzarote, the sun is beating down and the wind that has cooled a little over the last couple of days has dropped and the temperature must be 25 or so – absolutely gorgeous! We are spending lazy days doing not much really and nights eating great food and drinking too much! We had a great night last night in Tropical bar, the nightlife is very quiet by our standards mainly because the vast majority of tourists here are families but last night being Saturday late on a whole load of local youngsters invaded the place and the dj cranked up a load of Spanish and latino house music which I much preferred to the mass market euro dance that seems to be everywhere here, in particularly Lady Gaga who is driving me gaga! The vibe from the great music and the lovely warm locals really made a great night and I’am afraid we were the only tourists left by 3.30 when we left. As you may gather I do really like Canarion people in general, I find a warmth an friendliness that is often so lacking from holidays – in some ways a bit like our other favourite spot – Thailand.

We left on Thursday and I must admit that today is the first time that I have not thought about business and started relaxing, I guess I may have switched off in time to switch on again for work on Friday and a tour on Saturday, we are actually making a last trip to England the week after then it really is back to the grind before starting our full tour programme on 25th April, then follows 26 weeks on relentless work, much a I enjoy my job I don’t even want to think about it so I shall sign off now and head to the bar for a livener – Cheers for now !!!

No comments: