Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Richards Blog –  18.03.09 – Throw those curtains wide !

Well we are back to it, I write this at Caherconnoll on our Paddys week special Cliffs tour, we actually started last Saturday so breaking in gently! It is an absolutely beautiful day today and it truly is a pleasure to be back behind the wheel after a slightly disjointed winter!
The great news is that Chris is finally back home and her mum is well on the mend, we actually arrived back on the old faithful P&O ferry last week after some great fun over the last 2 weeks. First of all it was the sad anniversary of Chris’ brother micheal passing away but we chose to remember it in a way that I’am sure he would have been proud of on a pub crawl around the West end of London to some of his favourite haunts with his friends then a superb drunken Malaysian meal – a great night! Also a good day inLondon was had (for me anyway!) as our visit coincided with the London transport Museum annex open day at Acton. There was some great stuff to see for a bus and train bore like me and the highlight was a ride round the local area on RM1 – the first Routemaster bus built in 1958 – they don’t make them like that anymore!
The other big event was Chris being 40 (again !!) on 11th March, we celebrated on our way back to Ireland in Liverpool and had a great night in some great pubs and a superb meal in a great Indian restaurant called The Masterchef – so nice to get a real un pretentious Indian meal and you can bring your own wine – great for the recession that we all talking ourselves into at the moment! On the subject of Liverpool if you like a magnificent traditional pub go to The Philharmonic – it is truly stunning and a great pint as well!

Well, back to work, we are now operating our Cliffs most Saturdays and Cork and Blarney on Sundays until 25th April when our full programme starts, our new coach is nearly finished and I will be announcing our winning name soon but if you have a suggestion send it to me and I might just like it better – you never know!

Music – As I think I mentioned we went to see Elbow in Newcastle a couple of weeks ago and I can honestly say it was the most impressive and enjoyable gig I have ever been to, those guys have serious talent and I love the wordy lyrical songs that really make you think, if you like a truly deep and insightful song check out “Switching Off” from their first album, I’am so impressed with Elbow that I’am going to start giving you an appropriate Elbow quote to sum up my week so this week is predictable – “Throw those curtains wide, one day like this a year would see me right”





Us let loose in Soho!


Me and a proper bus!

No comments: