Monday, May 18, 2009

Richards Blog 02.05.09 – A trying week!

Made it through our first week but not quite unscathed! I think we will have the good news first Celtic Star is now and the road and had a baptism of fire of Tuesday with a private tour for a very nice group of 30 from Austria, the tour took in our normal Burren Tour but with a twist – I had to take the group down to Killarney, so a really long day and I must admit to being fairly shattered when I pulled into the yard at 11 on Tuesday night, the coach however performed great and I have it with me today, I must say I’am particularly enjoying the good air conditioning, we still have a couple of niggles but I’am steadily working through them and my seat is beginning to feel like home already!

Unfortunately Chris had a minor shunt in Celtic Princess on Tuesday evening which has meant a bit (well, a lot really!) of work for me panel beating and painting, the results probably wont be perfect but major repairs will have to wait for the winter, thankfully Chris is fine – only her pride is a little dented! (It’s her first knock in 11 years so not bad really!) Just to add to the misery Celtic Pride needed a wheel bearing replaced which coupled with the previous hassles of getting the new coach ready has made for a tough week for both us and our long suffering mechanic Tom, at the moment it feels like the only way is up!

Away from vehicle problems we are still beavering away on developing new tours and one thing I’am engaged in at the moment apart from increasing our web presence is to offer a custom tour option for smaller groups on Monday or Wednesday at a great price so, as ever, watch this space!
Not much time for music this week but I have been kept (relatively!) sane by listening to the new Elbow CD and DVD, The Seldom Scene Kid live at Abbey Road with the BBC concert orchestra – highly recommended, the arrangement of the tracks surpasses even the studio album which takes some beating in particular “The Fix” which is a duet with Richard Hawley – I might tell you about him next week!

No comments: