Monday, June 8, 2009

Richards Blog 05.05.09 – The Stops

“I can’t undue the day, it wont go, wont go under the rug
I pull out the stops and you, you pull the plug”

Copyright Elbow

Dedicated to Chris about last Tuesday x

Back to wallowing in Elbows’ wonderful music this week – Guy Garveys’ lyrics somehow speak straight to me and that one is a good example. As you might remember Chris had a little spill with Celtic Princess last week and I’am delighted to say that I have managed to repair it with a little help from my friends and it doesn’t really look too bad. The small bus has been a real miss this week as unfortunately numbers are still very low but at least it has meant I have been using my new stead Celtic Star and it is going great – we need a bit of luck at the moment!

It really has been hard lately though and I must admit painting and bodywork is not my favourite – in fact in general I hate repetitive jobs but they have to be done I suppose. Unfortunately we also have got some damp and cold weather at the moment so paint is taking ages to dry, I was hoping to use the small bus today but it was still just tacky about 15 hours after painting it, however I will build it up tonight and it will be ready for whoever is working tomorrow (only one tour).

Last weekend was the May Bank Holiday and I must admit I don’t like holiday weekends (as you may remember). All holiday weekends generally mean to us is more traffic also it is hard to be working when all around you are relaxing or having fun, it is one regret I have about our chosen career that we have not had a summer weekend together in 11 years, I know we get a good break in the winter but I do miss some of the things we used to do together like traveling to Scotland etc for weekend breaks. One other thing that I regret is not being able to go to the Oxygen Festival again, I have never heard a better festival line up with (wait for it!) Elbow, Doves, James, Keane and a whole host of others – still never mind.

We hope to have a meeting this week in Dublin to discuss the new products I have been hinting at – so watch this space!

No comments: