Monday, June 8, 2009

Richards Blog 17.05.09 – Ups and downs!

After quite a busy week last week it has been down to earth with a bump and I had my first Saturday off in about 5 years as we only had a small group for the Cliffs and Chris decided to give me a break. A break consisted of catching up on a few jobs with Celtic Star and I’am delighted to have finally solved the problem I had with the PA system, we were getting feedback from the alternator which was driving us and our passengers mad!, it took the form of a low whine which really irritated! I have tried a whole load of suggestions but finally tried a fairly cheap component wired into the radio and for a change I had a bit of luck and cured it!

My other major job was tidying up the garage as it has been a bit of a hive of activity over the last few weeks with getting new buses ready, ahem accident repairs and other repairs it really was annoying me as I couldn’t find anything and I had a breathing space before my next job which will (hopefully!) be getting Celtic Princess ready for test in June.

It was looking like one of us was going to get a day off today but at the last minute we got a large group to go to The Cliffs of Moher and so I was delighted to oplige, I have a really nice group of Italian rugby players and fans so I’am having a nice day even though the weather isn’t too great! I’am also having a spin in my new coach which I’am enjoying although I still miss my old one sometimes!

No comments: