Thursday, December 10, 2009

Richards Blog 05.09.09 – Mixed feelings

Another week has flown by and although numbers have been a bit patchy, we have made it through to Saturday and we are busy today, the weather is still miserable but at least we are having some dry spells today between the mist and showers!
I actually got 3 days off his week and have been busy with repairs etc as well as trying to sort the garage out as it is in total disarray after the trials of the last few weeks. We also received some very sad news about the death of the son of one of our local coach operators Joe Lawlor and I hope it goes without saying that our thoughts are with with Joe and his family at this difficult time.

I received an interesting e.mail a few weeks ago and thought I would share it with you, a potential customer questioned our guest book on the website saying basically that we should have negative feedback published as well as the good. The response I gave was that we have only had one negative report and that was about one of Chris’ tours and I honestly never published it as I felt it was a little too personal and needlessly negative, it goes without saying that we cannot please all of the people all of the time but that is honestly the only negative that we have received since our new site went live 3 years ago. If this sounds like my head is swelling in the belief that our tours are perfect, nothing could be further from the truth but I do believe that our hands on approach to business means that any potential complaints are dealt with promptly by the company owners and whilst I’am sure some of our customers are not thrilled with our service they at least do not hate us enough to publish some of the vitriolic comments I read about our competitors!

Things are a bit hectic at home at the moment and we are still trying to sort everything out, we are under more pressure currently as we have guests coming on Thursday, my parents are coming over for a few days and will be great to see them particularly as their arrival tends to start the wind down of the season so happy days! We are continuing to operate our full programme until the end of this month and a more limited programme for October, one tour that will certainly be finishing soon is our Galway City and Lough Corrib tour as the Corrib Princess will finish its public tour programme at the end of the month so if you want to sample one of my favourite tours book now – there are only 3 tours left!

No comments: