Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Richards Blog 29.08.09 – Another good week and some edgy rock!

This week seems to have flown by and its hard to believe we are at the end of August and at the time of year when the season starts to wind down, we have had a fairly good week and ran all our tours, I have even had 2 days off, as I think I mentioned Monday was spent servicing Celtic Princess and then most of Wednesday was taken up cleaning out the guttering around the house – not an exciting job but strangely enough one I quite enjoyed, it made a pleasant change from driving! We are working hard to tidy the place up particularly after the break in and also because we are having more guests soon – my parents are heading over the week after next and that will give us just the lift we need also it starts to make us think of the end of the season and a well earned break!

We have a few nice things to look forward to this winter and one of the nicest will be my parents’ Golden Wedding anniversary which we will celebrate in grand style – I hope! We have not finalized our holiday plans yet but suffice to say we are hoping to be heading toThailand again – now that really does cheer me up! The Weather here is continuing to depress with rain at sometime nearly every day but we are well used to that after the last 2 seasons. One thing that does irritate with all this wet weather is that the coaches are having to be cleaned every day, I have to be honest and say that I’am now heartily sick of bus washing, indeed it has now gone to the point where I often wait until the morning before the tour and if it is raining again I only clean windows and mirrors as by the time any customers see the bus it will likely be as bad as ever after the drive from home to Limerick!

We had a good night out on Thursday and saw a great band in Smyths that we last saw about a year ago – Whitewater, I think that they have really come on and whilst I was impressed with them last time, this time they blew me away – they seem to have developed their style to focus on more edgy music from the normal pub fayre , one track that grabbed my attention (and probably bored Chris!) was The Doors track L.A Women in its’ entirety and they really did it justice, I don’t know what the rest of the pub thought to it but fair play to the lads for playing it as the great Morrison intended! Check out Whitewater if you ever get chance also the drummer played a solo which had to be heard to be believed – all in all a cut above what we often hear and backed up with a superb PA system which isn’t always the case with pub bands!