Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Richards Blog 01.08.09 – We have had guests!

I think I mentioned last week that my sister Linda and her partner Russ were coming to visit, they arrived late on Tuesday night and me and Chris went to Shannon to collect them from their Ryanair flight from Birmingham, they were only staying until early Saturday morning so it was a flying visit. I tried to get Wednesday off to spend the day with them and very nearly succeeded, we had a few people coming on the train from Dublin for our Cliffs tour but in total we had 20 so ample room on Chris’ coach, however since it was a fairly busy day I thought I had better come in to Limerick to cover in case we got any late bookings or the train was delayed, so I brought our guests with me and guess what? For the first time this season the train was heavily delayed in fact it was 50 minutes late! So with quick thinking we decided that I would head off on tour and do the pick ups then take our passengers to Caherconnoll where they could have a coffee or do the tour while Chris would follow on when the train arrived with her passengers to Caherconnoll where we would put all the passengers on her coach and I would then be free to head home with our guests (we actually stopped in Ennis for a pub lunch on the way back).
This just shows how whenever we arrange anything during our season you can be sure something will go wrong and spoil the best laid plans! It was great to have some company though and Linda and Russ joined me for our Galway tour on Thursday and it being race week in Galway we had a great time even just admiring the Ladies’ fashions made it worthwhile but also there is always a great buzz about Galway during race week, we felt it was only right that we should have a bit on the feature race and we chose 4 fairly good prospects – none of which was even placed but never mind! We all had a good night out on Thursday with a superb meal at The Texas Steakout followed by a few drinks and a bit of live music.

Friday was spent relaxing and doing a bit of shopping as well as the inevitable bus cleaning before another meal out to our favourite Indian Restaurant Spice of India for another superb meal.

I took Linda and Russ back to Shannon this morning and whilst it was tough saying goodbye it had been a nice break from our routine!

No comments: