Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Richards Blog 25.07.09 – What a week!

As you might have guessed things haven’t ran entirely smoothly at Barratt Tours this week! We have been having problems with a blow in the exhaust system on Chris’ bus – Celtic Pride and it really has tried the patience of all involved, we now have it back and I may well give it an outing tomorrow to see how it goes. We coped well without it last weekend with the ever trusty Celtic Princess and my coach Celtic Star but on Tuesday things took a sharp turn for the worse, I was driving home after our Cliffs tour when I hit a large pothole – nothing unusual in that here but what was unusual was the banging coming from the rear suspension, I took it very easy home and on inspection found 2 broken spring pins and a missing shackle on the rear spring so Star wasn’t going to shine on Wednesdays’ Cliffs tour and with Pride already under repair we only had Princess which seats 15 and guess what? – we had 22 bookings! The parts for the spring had to be specially ordered and would only be in on Friday so we were a little stuck.

Thankfully we called in the help of our friends Martins Coaches who kindly hired us a lovely 49 seat Van Hool so I drove, Chris guided and it was just like the old days, at least we were to have 2 coaches for Thursdays’ two tours as Pride was ready to collect from repairs except on the way home a further fault developed – stuck again! Martins came to rescue and provided the same coach with a driver for the Cliffs as I had to go to Galway so Chris guided on the hired coach – and so the week ended – thank goodness!

Friday (our day off!!!) was spent organizing repairs and parts and again Martins helped us out and did a great job so I have my coach back today so I feel a little happier and relieved! We are now back to our full compliment of coaches and ready to face another (hopefully easier week). We had more upheaval at home to cap all this hassle off but I’am saving news of what has been going on at Silvermine View for a while! We are really looking forward to next Tuesday as my sister Linda and her partner Russ are coming to visit so Thursday night should be a good one – we need to let our hair down a little after last week!

No comments: