Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Richards Blog 15.08.09 –  After the storm!

I suppose we are gradually getting used to the events of last week and slowly clearing up and repairing the damage that was done, it is still really hard leaving home every morning but I suppose it has forced us to tighten up on security, I think the healing process could be a long one though.

Business wise it has been a good week and loadings are finally what we would expect for this time of year and (fingers crossed) our coaches are behaving themselves. I have been to The Cliffs quite a lot lately and I’am heading back that way today. Wednesday was a bit of a stressful day as we had the Ireland v Australia football friendly in Limerick, however as usual I had a plan and for once it worked – I tried to delay our return to Limerick as much as possible to avoid the worst of the traffic, I actually arrived back a Limerick Station at 7.30 – not too bad but then just had time for a quick coffee before collecting some passengers returning from The Ring of Kerry at 8.00 and transferring them back to their hotel – a long day! I arrived home about 8.45 then had to wash and fuel my coach – its tough at the top!

After all that has gone on lately we felt that we deserved a good night out and had a great night on Thursday with a lovely meal and a few well earned drinks in town. Yesterday was spent with more clearing and getting a new tyre fitted to my coach, we have a fairly busy weekend and we are actually full for tomorrow’s tour – typical we have loads of space today but have to turn away business for tomorrow!

No comments: