Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Richards Blog 25.08.09 –  “I’am tired I said, you always look tired she said”

This week a good excuse for using a lyric from one of my favourite Elbow songs – Fugitive Motel. Things are always tough at this time of year but I suppose I just feel particularly burned out at the moment, business is good and that’s why I’am tired, whenever loadings go up I end up using my coach for tours, Chris will drive it if she is forced but I think it is a bit big and shiny for her still! We work things so we each get at least one day off per week in addition to Fridays but that goes out the window if we have to put 2 coaches on a tour or I means if we are fairly busy Chris gets extra days off but that’s just how it goes at this time of year! Things will get easier for us at the end of next month as our Galway tour will finish as the Corrib Princess ends its’ season then so at least Thursdays will be a little easier. We hope to continue our other tours until the end of October subject to demand and then we will be offering our weekend tours until November so still plenty to do!

After our disturbed break last year we have not made any firm plans for holidays but just thinking about them is keeping us going! We are both desperate for time off as we have still not got the house put straight after the break in, I actually got a day off yesterday but spent it servicing Celtic Princess and trying to get a part for the heating system on Chris’ coach – still it made a change from driving! Also her coach still has a bit of a makeshift mirror, we are awaiting the arrival of a mirror glass from Spain - someday soon!

I have just finished a great re- read “Welcome to Hell’ by Collin Martin – an absolutely fantastic story of ones mans’ struggle against false imprisonment in a Thai prison, it is absolutely terrifying but equally un-putdownable! One thing that amazed me is how much torture and abuse the human body and mind can endure. If I ever go back to Thailand I don’t even intend to get a parking ticket!

No comments: