Thursday, July 9, 2009

Richards Blog 01.06.09 – Summer madness!

We are having a crazy weekend, fairly busy with it being a public holiday in terms of passengers but for once the summer has arrived at the same time as the holidays and the result is chaos, I have never seen The Burren as busy as this weekend and we are having to change our return route as Lahinch is totally gridlocked, all comments last week about driving have been bourne out today, my skin is now thicker than ever! Chris is helping me today as we have a few overloads so she has Celtic Princess, she is doing a good job of clearing the way for me though – we make a great team!

The weather is absolutely amazing with temperatures in the mid twenties and my new air con working overtime, so at least my head is cool! I really hope this is the start of a decent settled spell – a bit of sun is doing my soul good.

Our new micro website is coming together nicely and I hope it is going to emphasize the personal nature of our business, sometimes it seems as though we are swimming against the tide of domination by the larger companies, we don’t want to fall into the trap of insulting our customers intelligence with images of Lepreachans and sheep – there are plenty doing that already, what we want to do is project our true personalities more, we are both very different in many ways but we hope that is part of the fun and adds to the richness of your experience with us! Many companies try to tell you that they live and breathe their business but believe me when it comes to Barratt Tours this truly is the case, we very rarely switch off and I think if just one of us was involved in the business we honestly would be divorced by now!

I haven’t mentioned music for a while so I have just bought the new Madness album which has received rave reviews so I shall report next week.

No comments: