Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Richards Blog 20.06.09 – Chapter 1 – erm…..!

I have finally taken the decision to write the full story of Barratt Tours, people have often said to me that I should write a book and do you know, I think I will! Our story is a fairly unique and I think a very entertaining one but I have to be honest in that I don’t have a clue where to start, I think I will start writing prompts that I can weave into the story as it takes shape, we fortunately documented quite a lot of our early days and Chris has been secretly writing notes for a few years so maybe something might come to fruition, I have written a very concise history in my blogs last year but I think it is time for a warts and all account, you honestly wouldn’t believe what we have had to contend with behind the scenes over the last 12 years – it will be a good read!

Let me know what you think about the idea, I think it might be quite fun but please get back to me, I don’t get much feedback and especially get in touch if you know a “tame” publisher that likes a challenge and could give me a few tips!

It has been another mixed week for numbers and whilst our Cliffs tours have been OK loadings have been disappointing for Galway and Killarney, I think it’s a pity as they are both really nice tours and I do look forward to driving either of those, highlights for me are the magnificent walks at Muckross House and Galway City but I must admit my greatest pleasure is the cruise on the Corrib Princess. On a fine day I love to hide away outside at the bow and listen to some suitably chilled music on my I pod while the scenery goes by – this job is often not too bad at all! So why not join us for a really relaxing day and try one of our other tours!

We had a good night out on Thursday and saw a great band called Aftershock at Smyths, I had been getting a bit bored of some of the bands there lately – no fault of there own but a lot of the covers are the same week after week. Aftershock were a bit different and did some quite clever and more contemporary stuff probably my favorite track was “Where’s me jumper?” by The Sultans of Ping F.C – obscure stuff but regulars will know my strange tastes!

No comments: