Monday, July 14, 2014

07.06.11 – Another bank holiday down!

As regular readers will know Public Holidays are not my favourite days, I see everyone enjoying themselves on holiday while I work, also it means loads more traffic and consequently pressure for us, we were both on tour yesterday, I had our normal cliffs tour and Chris had a private tour to The Cliffs. We made it through unscathed and I think everyone had a good day with us. Bank holidays tend to make me a little reflective about the fact that we have never had a summer break for 15 years now, I love my job as I hope you know and our winter time off is lovely but I do love England and Scotland, I really miss spending time there in the summer and in particular touring Scotland and the Islands, I often wonder if we could get a small group together for a relaxing tour of Scotland from here one summer – what do you think, let me know – I would love your thoughts! One great development lately has been that we have a part time mechanic who is helping out with looking after our fleet which is taking some of the stress of garage work from me and helping us get into more preventative maintenance of the coaches, it is hard sometimes to keep on top of the 3 of them but I suppose we are helped a great deal by the fact that only us drive them so both have great eyes and ears for potential problems – far more so than a driver would I think! Our new brochure is progressing and we hope to finalise it for print very shortly, it really is looking nice, for the first time we have enlisted the help of a graphic designer as we felt we needed a bit of a re brand to try and freshen our image a little, as I mentioned last week I really didn’t want to go down the sheep and leprechauns route but create an informal attractive offer, we think we might have done it but we will put a version online for you to look at!

No comments: