Monday, July 14, 2014

11.06.11 – Chris has a new car!

It has been a mad week again at Barratt Tours, numbers are all over the place, some days are quiet and then out of the blue we get a really busy day, that’s what happened this weekend, we are busy today for our Cliffs tour and totally booked out for Cork tomorrow but we do have large group booking still it is lovely to be busy at last! We had a lovely day off yesterday, when Chris’s mother passed away she left us her car which was a very practical and smart Honda Jazz but its not really our scene so we have decided to sell it and buy something less sensible! Before the Honda Chris’s mum fell in love with a car which was not very sensible – a Mercedes SLK, she loved that car and it was only when her health was failing that she had to change it. I said to Chris that for what we will get for the Honda she could buy a used SLK and it would be a fitting memory of her mum – needless to say she loved the idea! Always the motor dealer I threw myself into finding one and yesterday we viewed one which ticked most boxes but needed a little bit of work and guess what? I have just got myself another project! We are collecting it next Friday and I know Chris cannot wait – she deserves a treat after the couple of years she has had and you never know I might even get to drive it once in a while, I will post a photo next week. Mention of the next couple of weeks reminds me that on 22nd and 23rd June we have a large group booking which means we cannot offer our day tours on those days. Sorry if you were planning on traveling with us those days but we just cannot afford to turn away large groups at the moment, it will be business as usual from Sat 25th June though!

No comments: