Monday, July 14, 2014

29.08.11 – Another August nearly done!

It has been quite a busy period for us because as I have mentioned we are working on a major change for next year so every minute that is not spent driving, cleaning buses, doing office work or fixing buses is spent working on plans for 2012, I think we are still getting a good share of the business but as ever things could be better – hence why we are having a major shake up! This week is a very nice one for us because, as usual my lovely parents are coming over to see us on Wednesday night for a weeks visit, it will be lovely to see them and test out my dads coach washing skills which at the age of 76 have to be seen to be believed! Unfortunately work commitments mean we get little time off to spend with them but it is always lovely to have them touring with us, I know their visit means a lot to Chris since she lost her own mum and my mum has filled the role of surrogate to Chris beautifully – thanks mum! I had an “interesting” day on Saturday for the wrong reasons all was going well until Caherconnoll when my microphone chose to expire! I have a spare hand held mic which came with my coach which I had always assumed worked as it was brand new but guess what? It didn’t and so I had to shout a few facts which is not easy until Doolin when Chris met me with a replacement, I hope it didn’t spoil anyone’s tour, although some might have been glad to have me silenced! I hope to be able to share some big news and pictures next week of a momentous occasion for Barratt Tours, times certainly are changing for us and I think they might be changes for the better although I’am not sure our bank manager would agree – watch this space, we are bursting to tell you!!

No comments: