Monday, May 23, 2011

Richards Blog 21.06.10 – I try to take life one day at a time ………!

………but lately several have come up on me at once! I love that quote not sure where I stole it but it would neatly sum up my life at the moment!

I think I left you last time with me anticipating our weekly Thursday night out well guess what? It never happened! I was on our Galway tour and my coach developed an electrical problem which amongst other things meant the air con died, now it was really hot on Thursday and so I had a problem, a good friend of ours came to our aid (thanks again Paul!) and leant us a coach to get our passengers back to Limerick, I then had to take that back after the tour and have a rather warm journey back in mine, so no night out but at least our passengers weren’t hot and bothered!

My faithful coach was cured easily on Friday by our electrical genius and thankfully wasn’t too expensive for once! So, fast forward to Saturday and our Cliff tour.

We had quite a large group and I had my coach again, we met the train and I headed off towards Ennis where I had my last passengers to pick up. Before crossing The Shannon I started to meet slow traffic and this continued to crawl for about 3 miles, it turned out we were stuck behind a cycle race which we eventually past on the dual carriageway but I was delayed at least 25 min, I headed to Ennis and got our last passengers but was dreading getting into Clare as we had the Tour de Burren cycle race to contend with next (yet another cycle race!)

Things went ok and there was no delay until Ballyvaughan when we came on the start although most of the race was actually returning so we headed around Black Head and I was coping ok with the oncoming traffic (the road is very narrow!) but after Black Head I met another coach in a nearly impossible point to pass, fortunately someone helped reverse traffic and get us to a point where we passed with about an inch to spare and another 15 min lost! Anyway we headed on and came to the road to Doolin which had been closed for the race so another 10 min diversion!

After a slightly shortened lunch I arrived at the cliffs about 3.40 but I really wanted to give the group our normal 90 min but that would leave us a tough job to make the train back to Dublin at 6.55 so Chris decided to meet me just outside Ennis  and take our train customers straight to Limerick while I did the few drop offs we had – it worked a treat but it was quite a day!

I hope this shows that we do “go the extra mile” to make sure everyone gets the best experience possible and I think all things considered my group on Saturday felt a little sorry for me but still had a great day, I cannot honestly say that I enjoyed it much though – I prefer a peaceful life!

I think after all that I might tell you a bit more about Thailand next week – I badly need a diversion from work!

No comments: