Monday, May 23, 2011

Richards Blog 26.07.10 – Not another holiday weekend!

Well I should know better than to make those comments about hiring vehicles in as we very nearly needed to today! My coach had one of those mechanical surprises that have a habit of biting you at this time of year but we got it sorted and it is back on the road and we shall fight another day and at least it didn’t break down and it had the consideration to develop the problem at the end of a tour!

We are busy again today and I’am on our full day tour whilst Chris has quite a few people on our new bargain break from Dublin, so she gets a later start as she doesn’t meet the train until 12.16, at least we get to have a quick chat at The Cliffs!

If you are a regular reader of my ramblings you might recall that this weekend is my most hated weekend of the year – August Bank Holiday weekend, traffic is quite light today but depending on the weather tomorrow and Monday will probably bring out the day trippers and I’am looking like being in the Burren both days – happy days!

At least business is on the up at the moment and we had a great week last week (just as well as I have a huge repair bill to pay!)  But we do feel more confident and ready to fight for the business that it has taken 13 years to develop and we have a couple more tricks up our sleeve to win back some more business, that’s one of the great things about our little company, we can change quickly to meet changes in the market, also we have no huge commissions to pay so what you pay for your ticket comes to us, not a booking agent or anyone else for that matter – I think that seems fair – don’t you?

Back to our home life, I never thought I would say this but I had a great day on Wednesday painting out my “railway room” it sounds strange but a bit of painting was so therapeutic, it was nice to be away from driving and oil and filth in the garage, it also means my creative modeling talents can come into play soon!

No comments: