Monday, May 23, 2011

Richards Blog – 25.10.10 – Defrosting already!

As usual I type this at Caherconnoll and it is a clear day but really cold, I thought our smallest coach would do for today but we got some late bookings last night so I have my faithful stead, but great to see for the time of year!

We were both on tour yesterday and so I thought I would be clever and put the small coach in the garage after washing and fueling it so I would not have scrape ice off it but then, as I say I needed my coach which was of course totally frozen at 7.00 this morning fortunately it has an independent heater which I fired up first thing and within 10 min the ice was starting to give a little and by the time I left for my first pick up it was pretty civilised really. I must admit to not really liking this time of year and I’am starting to think that I may just be suffering from S.A.D as it is barely light when we leave home and is dark when we get back, maybe I just need a break!

Talking of break we are having one next week, we are heading across to Birmingham to visit a coach trade show – we are not really in the market for much but I do like to keep up with technology and I must admit it does cheer me to look at the amount of complication that new coach buyers have to face now, the more I look at new vehicles the more I appreciate our own whilst they are not simple they are fairly logical and can be fixed without a computer! This is not to say that we are standing still indeed I have plans to launch (or re launch!) an addition to our fleet next year which may herald a new direction for Barratt Tours, it will also strike a tear of nostalgia into these stressed old eyes – can anyone guess?

As you may have gathered we are now winding down our tour programme, this will be our last week on weekday tours however we will still be running Blarney on Sundays and The Cliffs of Moher on Saturday so why not join us? If you get the right day this time of year can be very special even if your driver is suffering from S.A.D!  

No comments: